The role of the Testing Project Manager (Test PM) at Keywords International is to initiate, plan, execute, and finalize projects according to clients' requirements and within the project’s constraints (i.e. deadlines, quality and budget).
The Test PM will manage administrative and operational elements of global Localization QA projects to assure successful completion and customer satisfaction while meeting company financial goals for the project.
This includes acquiring the necessary resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also oversee quality control and risk assessment throughout the project's life cycle and acts as a key customer interface.
- Create or oversee the creation of internal documentation.
- Gather specific customer requirements (e.g. best practises for Microsoft, Namco Bandai, SIEE and so on).
- Participate in regular internal meetings (e.g. resource meetings, weekly Test PM meeting, etc.).
- Support Business Development in Client presentation, proposals and meetings adapting the work plan to the requirements of the Clients and Stakeholders, and giving detailed feedback so as to timely and efficiently proceed with any necessary corrective actions/changes/improvements.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis, manage expectation and keep communication flowing at any time.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify opportunities and spearhead initiatives to continuously improve service and process under industry specific requirements.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in quality assurance processes, project planning, resource forecasting, and performance/personnel issues to all project staff.
- Cooperation with Human Resources.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and initiate the appropriate recruitments with the TA Department if necessary during project cycle.
- Develop effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for each project.
- Perform people management tasks with direction from QA Management and guidance from HR Manager: hiring/terminating, conduct performance reviews and dealing with sundry personnel issues.
- Support Testing PM colleagues and LQA Management.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Take responsibility for personal learning and training needs and effectively apply business specific technology and methodologies.
- Identify scope and quote projects for identified clients.
- Liaise and advise clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Participation in kick-off meetings with project stakeholders (e.g. Customer, QA Lead, Test Team etc.).
- Liaise with the company’s Business Development Management in order to set up a quotation that will satisfy the needs of the client.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Plan and organize induction of new testers (e.g. assigning a buddy, compliance requirements etc.).
- Select, instruct and manage Keywords’ headcount to ensure that project instructions are followed and client expectations are met.
- Planning testing projects (e.g. test plan creation/preparation, identification of resource, hardware and software requirements etc.) with built-in contingencies.
- Work with Software/Hardware Manager on hardware/software requirements for the project.
- Managing idle resources to compensate or avoid overhead costs (e.g. assign internal tasks, identify alternatives tasks to generate a beneficial situation for the customer etc.).
Project Execution and Control
- Implement and maintain project scheduling and resource allocation together with Team Lead and QA Management.
- Monitor responsibilities in a given project (test plan, post mortems, resources, submissions, etc.).
- Monitor, analyse and maintain project financials, including revenue recognition, budget forecasting and invoicing, deal with additional/unexpected costs and take corrective action in order to maximize efficiency and profitability and meeting or exceeding financial targets.
- Register and maintain projects in internal financial database (Coretime).
- Setting up and tracking overtime work (e.g. food allowance, office closure etc.) Control time keeping of the test team (e.g. monitor attendance and arrival, approve registered hours incl. overtime on a weekly basis).
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to Testing manager and higher management.
- Organizing weekly test team meetings to gain valuable knowledge of the project status/progress and to provide feedback/measures for occurring issues.Implement and maintain project scheduling and resource allocation together with Team Lead and QA Management.
- Design weekly testing reports that elaborate on the status of currently running projects, evaluate the team performance, track basic financial data and provide transparency for the top management on the daily business.
- Control of the daily business and the escalation of relevant issues with QA Management.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements (both external and internal) and solicit feedback from customer.
- Generate post mortem summaries and develop concrete action plans for process improvements.
- Ensure that the project is fully invoiced and deactivated in Keywords’ financial database (Coretime).
- Direct work experience in a Localization QA capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as Xbox One, Playstation4, Xbox 360, PlayStation3, Wii, DS/DSi, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, iPhone/iPad etc.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Proven highest standards of customer satisfaction, while being deadline driven.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments. Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.