d3t Ltd, a Growing Gaming Software Specialist, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Engineering Manager to join their growing team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. We offer work for-hire software development services to the games industry. As a successful and growing business we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
The Engineering Manager directs, plans, and coordinates activities, as well as spends time supervising employees within the Engineering Department. They are responsible for developing the Engineering Department and its employees and/or solving personnel problems whether that be through HR or Line Management. They are to work with the Head of Engineering covering, for example, all aspects of employee recruitment and retention, including reviewing CVs, evaluating and uploading programming tests and conducting interviews.
Their responsibilities will also include working with the existing Line Managers when necessary offering advice, assistance and support.
The Engineering Manager will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
• Basic knowledge of a programming language. ( e.g. C++, C#, Python, etc.)
• A problem-solving attitude.
• Great team spirit.
• Experience in the organisation of large teams.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good communication (both verbal and written)
• Experience in Line Management and/or Production.
• A confident and positive attitude.
• To be able to inspire and lead a team of Engineers.
• Knowledge of JIRA or other Product Management Software.
• Has worked in or is working within the games industry.
• Knowledge of Version Control Software, especially Perforce.
• Work experience as a Programmer or similar software engineering role.