Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy.
We are currently looking new Producers to our already amazing team. As a “Snowmie” Producer, you are first and foremost an entertainment project manager – creatively and technically. You can develop, plan and execute projects, from pitch to certification on console, mobile, PC, web, and any other platform the games industry throws at you. Risk management is in your DNA.
You will use your passion for games, insatiable curiosity, and versatility to work on a variety of projects and across all aspects of game development. In return, you will be part of a creative and supportive team environment with the ability to have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games.
Are you up for the challenge?Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Leadership: That’s leadership, not management, and you know the difference. We want to hear how you serve a technical team of uber-smart engineers to reach a common goal, and how you develop the individual potential of every team member.
- Client Relations: We’re a customer-driven organization, so you are comfortable with client-facing relationships and communications.
- Communication: Speaking of communication, you have to be able to filter vast amounts of information into actionable items, while clearly keeping your team, your client and management informed of the changing situation.
- Business Management: Running a project is part of running a business, which includes working with sales, hiring, staffing, cost management, proposals, and writing contracts. It also includes long-term business development and identifying new opportunities.
- Office Location: 981 Wellington Street West, Ottawa Ontario Canada
- Primary Working Language: English
- Salary Range: $50,000 to $77,000
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous experience in gaming production, game project management, game publishing or other relevant gaming indusrty experience
- Ideally, some previous project management experience, including multiple development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience building, tracking and maintaining both simple and complex project schedules
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- Passion & ambition – you have a thirst for knowledge, and a passion for engaging entertainment experiences, gaming, technology, and art
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective communication skills across all levels of a small studio and a multinational organization
- Experience using multiple project management & product management tools, such as Jira, ADO, Trello etc.
- Programming, Design or artistic experience in a game production
- Program management
- Requirements engineering
Do you have much of the above, but not all? Don’t cry, be bold instead. Tell us about the cool stuff that you bring to the table that can run successful game projects and help build the gaming industry in Ottawa. We want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous leave policies including 3 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!