Reporting to the LQA Divisional Director for Keywords Global, the LQA Manager will ensure the successful performance of the Localization QA department at our HQ in Dublin and Milan. Directly managing the Localization Testing Project Managers, the LQA Manager is responsible for Planning, Organizing, Directing, Monitoring and Improving the Company’s Localization testing activities.
In particular, the LQA Manager is responsible for managing and scheduling all the human and equipment resources required to perform the Company’s Localization testing activities to the highest standards.
The LQA Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency of the QA department while meeting or exceeding the Company’s financial goals for the department.
- Create and implement testing policies, procedures and standards across specific products.
- Determine appropriate test strategies.
- Establish metrics in order to improve the project team efficiency.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with project deadlines.Undertake research, including competitive analysis.
- Build and Monitor Key Performance Indicators.
- Interact at a senior level with all key customers and partners, both internal and external, providing crucial feedback on product status, issues, and internal/3rd party requirements.
- Put in place programs that empower all staff to have career progression and develop in the organization.
- Constantly drive the development of technical understanding and departmental procedures to improve results and maintain a knowledgeable, skilled and professional team.
- Anticipate and identify future needs and implement strategic planning in multifunctional teams at a global level.
- Motivate, develop, coach and energize people to achieve success within the organization.
- Continually communicate and provide feedback to improve departmental and employee performance.
- Set at both a departmental and individual level clear, transparent and stretching goals and encourage individual initiative.
- Manage the overall scheduling of projects to best fit the resources available and the requirements of the clients whilst optimizing the profitability of the department.
- Advise and guide the TPMs in the detailed planning of the individual projects.
- Work with clients to establish best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and expectations, and anticipate/address client needs and concerns to constantly improve testing processes and procedures.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with the client’s QA Manager, Localization Manager or similar to discuss the scheduling, cost and performance of the projects.
- Communicate regularly with the client through email, phone calls and periodic meetings in order to get feedback on the testing process so as to timely and efficiently proceed with any necessary corrective actions/changes/improvements.
- Working with the LTPMs, ensure each of their projects are resourced effectively taking into account the best available resources and the costs of the resources.
- Work with the LTPMs to assign the optimum resources for each project taking into account the requirements of other projects, available resources, cost and timelines.
Strategy, Policies, Processes and Standards
- Working with the Localization QA Divisional Director, the LQA Manager will develop and implement the long-term strategy for the Testing Department.
- Ensure that the culture of quality is maintained throughout the testing department.
- Create new and improve existing processes, to ensure repeatable performance from project to project and across testing teams.
- Ensure processes and procedures are consistently documented to provide a knowledge bank.
- Manage internal/external costs, deal with additional/unexpected costs and take corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, to standard and within the financial requirements.
- Ensure projects meet industry leading quality standards.
- Provide regular reports on the performances of all testing activities.
- Ensure project data in the company's information reports is accurate, updated and complete.
- Conduct project presentations and compile daily, weekly and monthly and ad hoc reports as appropriate.
- Participate in regular internal meetings.
- Drive the development of the Company’s testing services by taking an active role in business development activities.
- Provide Business Development with input on new opportunities for developing business.
- Support BD in client presentations, proposals and meetings as required.
- Third level degree in a business/science related discipline.
- Experience managing teams across multiple projects as well as team management for company’s branches to ensure consistency throughout all processes.
- Ability to lead projects and teams in an ambiguous and fast paced environment.
- Strong people management background.
- Extensive experience working with Software Testing and Quality Assurance; including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience with test management tools.
- Experience in QA Engineering, advantageous.
- A proactive and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to drive the resolution of escalated issues in an effective manner.
- Advanced data manipulation skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration and presentation skills.