We are Snowed In Studios, and we have a bold vision to build a games industry hub in the National Capital Region. Part of the global Keywords Studios family, Snowed In Studios has been making games in Ottawa for ten years, and we’re looking for smart, experienced and exceptional entertainment professionals that want to help turn that vision into reality.
The IT technician will represent the IT department and addressing level 1 and 2 issues reported by Keywords
employees, providing fast resolution to those issues while working on projects to implement new systems or to
upgrade existing environment addressing those in person, email, by telephone or redirect the case to the
designated team and following it in a prompt, professional and efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Acting as the first point of contact to end users for all IT queries / issues;
- Responding to incoming customer requests via Help Desk Tickets, phone, email and/or chat sessions, and walk-up inquiries;
- Troubleshoot end user issues with desktops, laptops and mobile equipment;
- Managing, owning and being responsible for resolving all IT level 1 and 2 support issues;
- Redirect and follow level 3 case if needed;
- Managing priorities and ensure all issues and projects assigned are completed as per the timelines;
- Research and test new technologies/ solutions based on requirements to address future or immediate needs;
- Documentation of procedures and incidents;
- Other duties as assigned.
- DVS on Computer Support or any other related field of study;
- At least 2 years experience in end-user support, incident management, IT ticketing system;
- Working knowledge of server computing, routing, firewalls, phone systems and patching;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both verbal and written;
- Customer service experience, skills and ability to handle pressure situations;
- Patient, personable, high energy, dependable demonstrating a positive attitude;
- Desire to take ownership of issues – self-starter;
- Previous experience working in the Gaming industry is considered an advantage.
- Working 5 days per week with shift/site rotation and on call rotation;
- Available to work in an ‘out of hours’ schedule;
- Available to work additional hours as required to fulfill the requirements of the role. This may include extended shifts and occasional weekend work.