The Localization Manager is responsible for Planning, Organizing, Directing, Monitoring and Improving the Company’s localization activities.
Working with the Service Line Director, Division Head and Global Localization Manager, the Localization Manager will develop and implement the long-term strategy for the Localization Department.The Localization Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency of the Localizations department while meeting or exceeding the Company’s financial goals for the department.
※This position is based in Singapore.
- Create and improve localization policies, procedures and standards, to ensure repeatable performance from project to project and across localization teams.
- Anticipate and identify future needs and implement strategic planning in multifunctional teams at a regional level.
- Determine appropriate localization strategies based on projects, clients’ business model, and environment that the client operates in.
- Manage the financial performance of the department, ensuring profitability while pre-empting additional costs and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Oversee that resources for each project has been allocated optimally, taking into account the requirements of other projects, available resources, cost and timelines.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with the client at a senior level to discuss the scheduling, cost and performance of the projects.
- Manage all direct reports, including selection, training, motivation, and performance management to ensure the best quality service is provided to our clients within the expected timelines and financial requirements.
- Motivate, develop, coach and energize people to achieve success within the organization.
- Set at both a departmental and individual level clear, transparent and stretching goals to drive professional developments.
- Ensure project data in the company's information reports is accurate, updated and complete.
- Conduct project presentations and compile daily, weekly and monthly and ad hoc reports as appropriate.
- Provide the Business Development team with insights on potential new opportunities, and support them in client presentations, proposals and meetings as required.
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin speaking clients
- Experience in managing in-house and / or remote teams
- Experience in managing financial performance of a team / department
- Experience in project management.
- Proven track record of running a complex, multi-facetted software localization operation.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Comprehensive understanding of the game localization life cycle process to effectively manage through the complexities of the business solution.
- Familiarity with CAT Tools