Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio, is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune, and business offices in Tokyo, Japan and San Diego, California.
Our continued success is fueling the need to expand in the US and we are looking for top quality talent to become part of our studio in Redmond, WA. We are looking for a talented Senior Outsourcing Artist that could support our projects. If you have grown weary of working on the same project doing the same thing for years on end, or if you are interested to experience what it is like to work on multiple AAA projects at the same time then dust off your resume, polish up your portfolio and send it to us for consideration.
As a Senior Cinematics Animator, you will report to the Art Director and must ensure the consistent delivery of top quality content and documentation that meets client and internally created specifications. The Senior Cinematics Animator must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, by being highly organized and detail oriented, with exceptional oral and written communication skills in English. Our successful, Senior Cinematics Animator, candidate must possess relevant technical skills while in a similar role on at least one AAA Current Gen console game. Applicants with Game Development backgrounds preferred.
- Perform Animation reviews, provide quality feedback in our tracking tools, and support collaboration and communication between our PMs, Artists, and External Animators.
- Regularly collaborate and support mid-sized external teams (5-15 artists) to find production solutions that uphold the client’s quality expectations.
- Must be able to understand client aesthetic and support the visual communication to the external animators for multiple projects.
- Responsible for the quality of all incoming animation from the projects they are leading. Actively works to improve approval ratio for their team.
- Work with the Project Managers, other leads, and animators to develop solid estimates, pipelines, schedules, and production plans.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to Presentation Team on visual best practices and personnel development.
- Provide clear and concise both written and verbal feedback of submissions from external animation teams.
- Able to prioritize and provide feedback and review for more than two projects at a time.
- Depending on the project needs, able to create and/or polish existing animation to meet final deliverable quality when necessary in a variety of software packages.
- Able to establish and maintain clear and respectful communication with clients, PMs, and external animation teams, with little supervision.
- Working with Motion capture and keyframe assets according client quality requirements.
- Ability to provide quality assets to client with minimal participation from the Art Director.
- Communicates regularly with the Art Director regarding the status of current tasks.
- Obtains Art Director’s guidance and approval as required to advance tasks.
- Is expected to continue to refine artistic abilities and learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.
- Contributes to the team-oriented environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with a minimum of 2 titles shipped in either a Senior Cinematics Animator, Senior Animator, or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of current-gen game content development processes, tools, pipelines, scene management, limitations, and dependencies.
- Strong understanding Motion Builder, Maya or Max, and Unreal 4 Sequencer.
- Strong understanding of posing, timing, spacing, exaggeration and cinematic storytelling.
- Experience in Motion Capture post processing, overlay animation, retargeting, story, constraints.
- Proven ability to produce top quality content, using current generation game engines (Unreal 4, Unity, Lumberyard, etc.).
- Experience in preproduction and planning. Solid understanding of game development and be up to date on current trends.
- Able to collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Rigging experience is a plus
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- BA or equivalent industry experience.
Medical Plan, Paid Time Off, 401(k)