Keywords has an exciting opportunity to work alongside the team responsible for a top-selling and critically acclaimed AAA racing franchise. As a VFX Artist, you’ll be responsible for authoring and placing particle and atmospheric effects to efficiently achieve high quality game content that meets studio and fan expectations.
This team is based out of Redmond, WA in the Seattle, WA area. Local candidates are preferred, but remote work is open to the right candidate in one of the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Washington.
- Identify efficient VFX authoring workflows, working with Engine and Tech Art teams to implement
- Author new particle effects using our proprietary system
- Author procedural content and texture maps to drive VFX systems like clouds and weather
- Use a node-based system to author materials to enhance particle visuals
- Use our car and environment authoring tools to place VFX systems into content packages
- Ensure that our VFX systems operate at or under our performance budget
- A strong portfolio that showcases the fundamentals of particle motion, physical behaviors, lighting and polish
- Experience with a variety of VFX content authoring tools, preferably expertise with Houdini, Maya, 3DS Max, Unreal Engine/Unity
- Experience with proprietary game engines.
- Experience working on performant AAA quality real-time particle effects on current generation hardware.
- Avid gamer who understands industry leading visuals and consumer expectations
- Passion for art, innovation, and technology
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits