The Games Linguist position will be based at Keywords International Limited HQ in South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on community and in game content for a leading social games publisher.
The role is to translate and trans create from English into Japanese player support, community and in game content for mobile games. The linguist will also test the games in his native language.This role requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for Games.
- Translate/trans create player support, community and in game content from English to Japanese to a high quality standard
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group Quality objectives
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks in Game
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is achieved
- Suggest process improvements that will deliver on goal of optimal translation quality
- Native level Japanese speaker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for games industry
- Educational qualification in linguistics
- Experience in translation, customer service or community, copywriting or linguistics
- Excellent verbal and written linguistic skills both in Japanese and English
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
This is a 6 month contract position.