This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Development Support on a leading cutting edge game engine. Through our unique development challenges, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high performance product for our game developers. As a Development support (QA Tester) for this team, you would be responsible for testing, tracking, and achieving quality targets for the specialized technologies within the engine.
We have thousands of users world wide on this game engine, so each and every single bug that you catch, and every problem you proactively solve, has a significant impact!
We use a variety of testing methodologies, including but not limited to white box, grey box, and black box testing, and are looking for someone to continue utilizing quality practices in collaboration with mutually collaborative and motivated team members.
What is in it for you?
- You will experience in depth product designs, get to use our game engine editor to create unique test cases, execute test strategies for implementation and integration of technologies, and identify potentially significant defects proactively throughout the development cycle.
- Work at a globally recognized game studio, making a difference on games through the game engine, that will be played by millions across the world
- Cutting edge technology, opportunity for growth and skill set development within a tech company that values work life balance
- Execute on test plans to test our software and technologies, following guidelines set by the greater quality group.
- Track key performance indicators and contributing to quality reports.
- Foster strong working relationships with QA and development partners.
- Always be looking for opportunities to improve the quality of your team’s process and workflows.
- Collaborate with your QA colleagues to mitigate cross-project risks and to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Provide feedback on and understand the impacts of newly created or changed workflows with a customer’s perspective in mind.
- Experience with asset editors or experience using game engines (e.g. Photoshop, Unity, GameMaker, Maya, etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to speak your voice and provide ideas in efficiency or usability.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ability to execute on test plans without constant supervision. Proactiveness is key.
- Basic proficiency in development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, etc).
- Extensive experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Experience working with external and remote teams.
- Basic proficiency with software development tools like Perforce (i.e. understand concept of version control).
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred)
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package option
- Onsite amenities includes RMT, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Gymnasium, Weight lifting facility, Yoga Studio, etc.
- Fun, collaborative environment, working alongside other passionate gamers, creators that are passionate in their own craft
- Dog friendly work environment