The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast moving environments to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
From our offices and beautiful on-site recording studio in the heart of downtown Burbank, we collaborate with top game developers and publishers as well as leaders in the media and entertainment space, providing services including English voice recording, dubbing, subtitling, and localization to help make their content shine for audiences worldwide.
The IT Desktop & End User Support technician is responsible, as the first point of contact, for the support of the end users and computing infrastructure at KWLA studios, a subsidiary of Keywords Studios. The candidate who fills this position will be responsible, in collaboration with the KWS Regional IT Team, for supporting all the IT needs and requirements of the KWLA facilities including a recording/mixing studio and 10 sound design rooms and one Dolby Atmos mix stage and its employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Log, Track and Manage all incidents, problems, and support requests in the KWS Regional IT Helpdesk Ticket System. Ensure accurate notification and escalation of problems;
- Desktop & Laptop computer configuration and repair;
- Voice Recording Studio equipment setup and maintenance;
- Sound Design and Dolby Atmos stages
- Phone & Voice Messaging setup and maintenance;
- Peripheral setup and maintenance;
- User Account maintenance;
- License and Media management;
- Equipment Inventory management;
- Application version control;
- Project Lab setup and support;
- Ensure that all operating policies and processes are followed and report any issues;
- Measure performance and SLA adherence;
- Produce regular reports for end user support function area;
- Support the IT Manager’s objectives.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodation, if required, so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job, which is to provide rapid onsite IT support to Keywords employees
Required experience in the following areas:
- At least 3 years experience in end-user support.
- 2 years experience at a post facility or production house
- Familiarity with cabling, patching audio facilities and Dante, Pro Tools, Soundminer, BSS software & hardware
- Ability to understand and problem solve and interface with crew & clients remotely.
- Experience with Apple Mac hardware/software.
- Ability to configure and support post production streaming solutions such as; Session Link Pro, Zoom, Google Hangouts, MS Teams, Evercast, Source Connect / Nexus & Live, Clearview, Streambox, Shotgun, Airtable, SyncSketch.
- 2 years experience in computer configuration & repair
- 2 years experience in end-user support
- 2 years experience with Incident Management and/or IT Ticketing systems
- 2 years experience using SMS (or equivalent) to manage systems and applications
- Experience with Disk Imaging software
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley controls in relation to IT operations
- Demonstrated superior training, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Disciplined troubleshooting skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of previous experience at post house or studio a plus
- Certifications a plus - MCSE 2003, MCP, A+
- Gaming or Film, TV experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities