Job Purpose :
- To manage the project in terms of deliverables and deadlines.
- To manage the test team’s work in terms of productivity and quality.
- To manage the client and project manager’s expectations.
Scope of role :
Test Leads will be responsible for the delivery of projects on time and on budget to the highest specified quality standards, as well as adherence to all hardware manufacturer standards and guidelines. Test Leads will manage test teams’ daily activities and motivate test teams’ to maintain peak efficiency.
Key Responsabilities and Activities :
- Leading the testing of assigned projects, including following and/or discussing project timelines defined by the Client and/or Project Manager.
- Monitoring and maintaining in a timely fashion bug databases for all assigned projects with accurate information.
- Monitoring the overall quality of bugs as required by Keywords processes and in line with Keywords training requirements.
- Creating and Maintaining test plans.
- Executing defined test strategy in accordance with project schedule and budget requirements.
- Executing pre-test preparations such as smoke testing the build, preparing text files for the team, and creating documentation for testing.
- Performing effective initial and daily project briefings.
- Active participation in project’s milestones meetings.
- Completing reports which provide comprehensive and accurate accounts of testing and defect status.
- Modifying QA workflow tools based on project needs.
- Assigning Testers and Senior Testers accordingly to perform tasks and makes necessary adjustments to ensure required test coverage is achieved on or ahead of schedule without compromising quality.
- Briefing and managing test teams throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Primary point of contact for questions raised by teams.
- Providing team with clear directions and relays client instructions in a clear and concise manner.
- Working towards creating a positive and energetic work atmosphere.
- Taking control of multi-platform projects and be the main point of contact for clients.
- Communication of department software and hardware requirements to proper support groups.
- Communication of progress status on a regular basis to the Project Manager.
- Mentoring and supporting all staff under his/her supervision.
- Creating and communicating of Testers’ and Senior Testers’ performance reviews.
- Responsible for the upkeep of Keywords policy, processes, and security.
- Conducting Tester or Senior Tester duties as required in LQA, as well as in other service lines.
- Assisting in the creation of post-mortem reports alongside the Project Manager.
- Collaborating in department initiatives as necessary.
- Tester and Senior Tester experience or equivalent.
- Be open minded and proactively reach to others for their ideas and suggestions.
- Resolves conflicts efficiently with tact and maturity.
- Manages multiple tasks effectively, progresses work in parallel.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel.
- Able to work extra hours/weekends in order to meet Project/Customer milestones.
- Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
- Experience with JIRA, TTP, DevTrack, and SpiraTest.
- Understanding of Localisation QA and Certification testing processes.
- Understanding of software submission requirements and processes.
- Makes informed decisions based on past experience and input from the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- 3+ years of Video Game industry experience.
- Computer Science or Translation degree or diploma.
- Knowledge of an additional language an asset.
- Familiarity with linguistic and translation databases an asset.
- Experience with internal test tools.
- Passionate for video games.