We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
At Keywords, the FQA Test Lead’s role is primarily to manage a project for success. This includes mentoring and supervising testers, while maintaining communication with our clients’ to ensure that we’re aligned for their success of their project. The Test Lead is also responsible for continuously coaching and developing our testers through evaluations and live constructive feedback.
Night Shift from 8:30pm to 5:00am.
This position is on site, in Redmond, WA..
The rate is $19 per hour (USD)
Mandatory work on Holidays for 2x Pay: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day.
Project currently lasts until the end of January 2020.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Delegation / Assignation of tasks to test team
- Delivering regular reports on project progress
- Keep Project Manager and test team aware of project status and blockers
- Manage bug database and workflow, including vetting issues for quality
- Monitor test progress and strategy in accordance with project goals
- Evaluating and coaching testers
- Following and enforcing our security policies
- Use testing related tools as required to assist with verification
- Ad Hoc game content not explicit covered by other test passes
- Provide verbal and written feedback on the products under test
- Set up and install software on PCs or gaming consoles
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Passion for gaming and the games industry
- Strong leadership skills and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
- Familiarity with PC, console and mobile handset terminology
- Write and deliver concrete reports to our clients
- Manage and help mentor our test teams
- Pro-actively solve problems as they arise
- Communicate effectively in all formats
- Manage a variety of bug databases
- Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office environments (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Minimum 1-year Test Lead experience or more
- 2 years Games QA industry experience or more
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Understanding of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Understanding of Functionality QA and Certification testing processes.
- Understanding of the 1st party submission requirements and certification processes.
- Understanding of PC, console and/or mobile handsets at an above-average level
- Familiarity with Database software (JIRA, Bugzilla, TestRail, etc.)
- Experience with video capture hardware and software.
- Experienced with all next gen and current gen console hardware and software.
- Experienced with mobile and PC hardware and software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law