Presentation of the Company :
Keywords is an international technical services provider for the global video game industry with 27 offices in 16 countries and 3 continents. The organization employs more than 3,000 people at peak times, working in more than 50 languages. Each year, we produce more than 40,000 artistic assets, 12 million audio words, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million test hours and more than 7 million customer support tickets. We work with 22 of the top 25 gaming companies in terms of revenue for 2016.
KWS Montreal is an important studio within the Keywords group, an international service provider in the video game industry. Our studio includes some of the major brands in the field of services for the video game industry, such as KWS Montreal, Alchemic-Dream, and Keywords International. We work on a wide range of video games on all known platforms, and partner with some of the most exciting video game publishers and developers, including Warner Bros., EA, Square Enix, and more!
Job Purpose :
- Delivering projects successfully within budget, timeframe and quality scopes.
- Developing and managing successful relationships with Keywords clients.
- Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training LQA Test Leads.
- Planning, applying and adapting project test strategies with the support of the LQA Test Leads.
Scope of the Role :
The successful candidate will manage projects in the primary service line of his/her direct line manager. Execution of these projects will primarily take place in Keywords’s Montreal facility, however the customer may be located in any time zone. The Project Manager assumes responsibility for the initiation and delivery of these projects on time and on budget to the highest specified quality standards, as well as adherence to all hardware manufacturer standards and guidelines.
The Project Manager is responsible, along with the other LQA PMs, of the professional development of the LQA Test Leads.
The key responsibilities may vary during peak business periods, absences or workload fluctuations, and support to management as required.
Key Responsibilities and Activities :
- Proactively solve project issues with the Test Lead and LQA Manager, before they impact the project.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to project teams and vendors.
- Track project progress in conjunction with project teams and vendors.
- Implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Plan, apply and adapt project test strategies with the support of the LQA Test Leads.
- Manage, lead and motivate test leads.
- Interact with Test Leads face-to-face daily.
TRAINING & COACHING
- Along with the other LQA PMs, take charge of the professional development of the LQA Test Leads.
- Mentor and train new LQA Project Managers.
- Provide weekly positive and constructive performance feedback to Leads.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
- Provide quarterly evaluation feedback to Test Leads, or more frequently as needed.
- Help identify areas where training material may need revision.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with client personnel.
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
- Responsible for client account management.
- Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary, including completing project scoping.
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
- Be able to find solutions to client requests when possible.
- Be able to decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Cross-sell services to clients when possible and appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and manage project budgets.
- Initiate, manage and deliver post project reviews.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and realization.
- Manage resources planning and scheduling in partnership with the Production Support department.
- Report project statuses and information to management team on a regular basis.
- Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources.
- Understanding of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Understanding of Localization QA.
- Understanding of the 1st party submission requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile and flexible to change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of accuracy and leads by example.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client-facing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to prepare and control a work schedule and deliver to budget.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions.
- 3-4+ years of experience in team management.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training, an asset.