Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home (must be local to the Greater Seattle Area)
Work Hours: Fulltime
Our game dev Client, the game studio responsible for the growth and development of a AAA Sci-Fi FPS franchise is looking for a self-motivated and goal oriented Esports Partnerships Manager to assist in managing and driving key partnerships across the esports ecosystem with sponsors, tournament operators, teams, and more. This position demands a strong mix of communications and organization skills, as well as industry experience. Successful candidates will have a strong track record partnership management and sales, as well as commitment to ensuring our partner’s success in the esports ecosystem. This role collaborates closely with internal and external teams to execute world class partnership programs. This person will be responsible for driving the entire program from pitch to execution, including owning and overseeing the project budgeting, production timeline and reporting. The goal is to deliver exceptional work the team is proud of, on time, and within budget that aligns with the larger program goals. This person must be a creative problem solver, who strives to find solutions, all while managing both internal and external teams. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Drive sponsorships from initial outreach and initial pitches all way through executing and reporting.
- Helping manage the growing number of partnered teams from around the world to support their needs and requests day to day, as well as assisting driving bringing new teams into the partnership program.
- Working closely with internal and external teams to ensure we’re delivering and executing on sponsorship deliverables to go above and beyond partner expectations.
- Working with internal business operations and business development teams on contracts with partners.
- Travel to esports events to ensure great experience for partners onsite.
- Project manage partnerships including creating and managing timelines, keep up regular communication with partners over email and calls, and following up on tasks and deliverables.
- Partner with the esports team to come up with unique and creative pitches and opportunities to benefit our partners and the broader esports ecosystem.
- Leverage market intelligence and data from internal and external sources to develop insights and recommendations for creating growth opportunities for our partnership business and exploring new business models.
- Collaborate closely with internal team members to ensure partnership execution aligns with the larger program objectives.
- Help development of partnership element briefs that clearly articulate strategy, vision, and direction for the partnership.
- Development of work back calendars, process and procedure to enable seamless and coordinated execution of partnership campaigns across all partner channels.
- Develop budget and timeline bids to agencies and/or partners.
- Craft relevant documentation: Proposals, scopes of work, production schedules, budgets, etc.
- Work with the team and external partners to source, secure, manage and oversee all talent, vendors and production teams.
- Development and management of cross-team communication vehicles to track progress on key milestones and accountabilities to ensure on-time, on-budget execution of sponsorships.
- Measurement and Optimization
- In depth analysis of every partnership execution to provide success metrics and optimize future sponsorships with partners.
- Create case studies with examples and stories to help upsell future partners.
- Product Planning and Partner Management.
- Development of user flows, sponsorship toolkits, creative guidelines, specs that provide clarity on what is needed from all stakeholders.
- Manage the tracking tool for all partnerships – pitched and signed.
- Stay on top of trends and technical advances of new technologies.
- Regular presentations to business team, internal partners, and others to expose new key learnings and recommendations.
- Help build and scale the portfolio.
- Perform ad-hoc partnership support as assigned.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- 2+ years’ experience in partnership and sales.
- Experience in managing many partners at once.
- Strong understanding of esports landscape and content trends.
- Strong organizational and tracking skills.
- Strong knowledge of the social media, viewership, and content platform (Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, etc).
- Strong technical understanding, and preferable usage, of the Microsoft ecosystem, including Windows, Office, Xbox, and others.
- Experience working with internal teams and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong foundation in project management including the ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate project issues/risks and clearly communicate resolutions to the partner teams and management.
- Understand the importance of communication, collaboration, and managing different personalities.
- Have experience working successfully with cross-functional teams in a large and complex corporate environment.
- Manage the work of external creative agencies, including creating briefs, and managing review cycles and work-back schedules to ensure that content deadlines are met.
- Operate in a very detail-oriented fashion - the ability to manage and keep track of multiple work streams and processes aggressively.
- Excellent editorial (Slides and PowerPoint) abilities especially outlining new processes, summarizing campaign results, editing and proofreading in general with focused attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the Halo Franchise
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits