Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy, when stress is low. Check out our Perks section to see what we do to make you feel more valuable than your work.
We are looking for a Project Manager who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.
The project manager is responsible of delivering projects successfully within budget, timeframe and quality scopes, as well as managing successful relationships with Keywords Studios clients. The project manager also needs to manage, lead, motivate, coach and train his team. This is achieved by:
- Active and passive Supervision;
- Proactively solve project issues;
- Multiple project management;
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to teams and vendors, as well as meetings;
- Track project progress with project teams and vendors, as well as implementing any process changes and improvement accordingly;
- Plan, apply and adapt project strategies;
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal queries raised by the team;
- Resolve conflicts / issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Training and coaching;
- Take charge of the professional development of the team;
- Mentor and train new Project Managers;
- Provide constructive performance feedback, positive recognition and warnings to the team;
- Provide evaluation as frequently as needed;
- Identify training needs.
- Client Management;
- Develop and foster lasting relationship with client personnel;
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings;
- Take charge of client account management;
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately;
- Communicate effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Track and manage project budgets and ensure timely and accurate billing;
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and realization;
- Manage resources planning;
- Report project statuses and information to management team on a regular basis;
- Initiate, manage and deliver post project reviews.
- Relevant experience in a Project Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- Experience in an Account Management or sale-oriented role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong leadership skills and decision-making abilityes;
- Agile and flexible to change, while being able to work effectively and decisively under pressure;
- Result driven and able to lead a team to success;
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to details and accuracy;
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Client-Facing and negotiation skills;
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools and project tools;
- Advanced skills with Excel;
- Experience working with MS Office in general;
- Current ability to work in Canada/Ontario.
- Work well, not long: enjoy Snowed In’s anti-crunch principles;
- Versatile health benefits plan;
- Generous vacation time plus a week off over Christmas;
- Flexible hours;
- Strong sense of culture: feel like being part of a family!
- Be part of a world-class development team;
- Work in one of Ottawa’s hippest neighborhood, Hintonburg.