Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 55 offices across 25 countries and 4 continents.The organization employs over 6,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages.
Each year, we produce over 80,000 art assets, 21 million words of audio, 250 million words translated, 2.5 million hours of testing and resolve 16 million customer support tickets.We worked with 24 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2017.
Keywords FQA is one of Keywords Studios brands offering Functional QA services.
Work with the Growth FQA Director, and regional management to create FQA teams in new and existing studios that are capable of delivering services to the expected KWS quality bar, while following existing FQA processes.Plan, create and schedule plans for the above by leveraging relationships within the local or territory teams – IT, Recruitment, HR and finance.
Where a Merger and Acquisition opportunity provides an FQA team, be part of the due diligence team as directed/required by the Growth FQA Director.Once a Merger and Acquisition (M&A) is successful, take responsibility for the successful integration of the new FQA team into the KWS family.Work with the Growth FQA Team, regional FQA management and new studio management to produce an FQA integration plan for the new studio.
The FQA Integration Manager will be required to travel internationally in order to execute on expected tasks.
Travel expected to be 50% of time.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Proactively solve issues with local management before they impact the operational start of a new studio team;
- Ensure all activities required to create a feasible plan for the new studio team are completed in a timely manner;
- Present the final plan to regional and FQA Service Line management for ‘go, no go’ decision;
- With M&A help identify critical staff within the new team who would be crucial to a successful integration taking place;
- For M&A create a plan for the successful integration of the new studio, identifying risks, costs and which support teams will be required to help in making this a success (IT, HR, recruitment etc);
- Hold regular status meetings, focused on quality of delivery, budget and within scope with stakeholders;
- Empower (any) staff as much as possible and appropriate;
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees;
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with KWS senior and executive management;
- Participate in and lead project efforts where necessary;
- Delegate areas of responsibility to local management where appropriate;
- Set and manage senior management expectations appropriately;
- Be able to find solutions to management requests when possible;
- Be able to decline management requests in an appropriate manner when necessary;
- Communicate effectively with management to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase and deepen M&A relationships, and encourage them to do the same;
- Track and manage internal integration projects;
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to Directors and regional management;
- Create and maintain the KWS ‘How to Open a new FQA Studio’ document;
- Report project statuses and information to FQA management team on a regular basis;
- Primary escalation point of contact for internal integration projects;
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate;
- Create integration project plans;
- Create M&A integration plans where appropriate (FQA area of responsibility only).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry;
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience;
- Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.) an advantage;
- Excellent English communication and written skills;
- Knowledge of Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes;
- Strong leadership skills, decision making abilities and results driven;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process;
- Understanding of all video game business services and processes;
- Understanding of various business and management concepts;
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the QA process;
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively, decisively under pressure and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports;
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest;
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience working within MS Office in general;
- MS Project or similar software.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.