We are currently in the process of expanding and are looking for professional, experienced candidates to become members of our growing global team.
Working with the Localization Service Line and the client, the Localization Team Manager will develop and implement the long-term strategy for the in-house team.
The Localization Team Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency of the in-house team while meeting or exceeding the Company’s financial goals for the department.
- Work closely with the client’s localisation team and the regional teams.
- Manage all direct reports, including selection, training, motivation, and performance evaluations to ensure the best quality service is provided to the client within the expected timelines and financial requirements.
- Create and improve localisation policies, procedures and standards across all the client’s projects, to ensure repeatable performance from project to project and within the in-house team.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with the client at a senior level to foster collaborative and effective partnership
- Propose solutions to meet the evolving localisation needs of the client, including competitive analysis and best practices.
- Attend and present at client’s Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
- Participate in regular internal meetings.
- Provide the Business Development team with insights on potential new opportunities, and support them in client presentations, proposals and meetings as required.
- Drive the development of linguistic and technical understanding and procedures to improve results and maintain a knowledgeable, skilled and professional team.
- Motivate, develop, coach and energize people to achieve success within the in-house team.
- Set both team and individual level clear, transparent and stretching goals to drive professional developments.
- Manage the financial performance of the department, ensuring profitability while pre-empting additional costs and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure project data in the company's information reports is accurate, updated and complete.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Linguistics, Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in localisation project management or as a localisation lead, preferably in the video games industry.
- Team management experience in managing in-house and remote teams of up to 50 people.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Chinese.
- Demonstrable success in shaping/building a localisation operation.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of MOBA games is preferred.
- Knowledge of CAT tools and MT is an advantage
- Knowledge of an additional language is an advantage
- This is a 1-year contract (renewable & convertible to permanent) position.
- Working Location: Lavender MRT
- Working Hours: Monday to Fridays, 10am to 7pm