Keywords Studios is a technical services provider to the global video games industry. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
The Tax Director will be situated in Dublin, Ireland at Keywords headquarters, together with other heads of functions.
- Assist with developing the tax strategy and managing the tax risk for the Keywords Studios group;
- Develop and manage the group’s transfer pricing policy and ensure compliance with documentation requirements;
- Determine tax planning opportunities to drive operational efficiencies, maximize tax savings for the group while optimising the group structure;
- Represent the group while dealing with tax audits, and meeting with tax authorities, across all jurisdictions and minimise future tax audit risks;
- Work with the M&A team in the due diligence process and plan for the tax efficient structuring of acquisitions, mergers and disposals;
- Coordinate the preparation of tax returns with external tax consultants and other team members;
- Take responsibility for the group’s annual effective tax rate (ETR) while managing the tax provision process for statutory reporting purposes including note disclosures in annual report;
- Monitor international tax developments and evaluate potential impacts on Keywords’ global activities in order to implement the changes necessary and
- Partner with the wider business for any tax and transfer pricing issue.
- Professional qualification in Tax (essential) and Accounting (desired);
- +10 years of experience of international tax from a multinational organisation and/or accounting practice firm;
- Experience in dealing with tax audit defence and resolving disputes with tax authorities across multiple jurisdictions;
- Experience in implementing and managing transfer pricing policies;
- Experience in mergers, acquisitions and liquidations;
- Excellent communication skills for interacting all levels of senior management and external advisors;
- Ability to think strategically whilst also engaging in day to day tactical details;
- Strong technical and analytical skills to identify and problem solve;
- Self-motivated, driven and confident with an ability to act with urgency when necessary;
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative manner with other team members;
- Ability to be objective and provide independent input and analysis and
- Ability to manage a tax team remotely.