Who we are:
GetSocial is a complete solution to drive user engagement, retention, monetization and acquisition through the use of user interaction. We enable developers to quickly add social features into their apps that let users build communities, connect with friends and other users as well as share content. GetSocial is located in The Hague, Netherlands and Lviv, Ukraine.
GetSocial was recently acquired by Keywords Studios, an international technical services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, it now has over 50 facilities in 20 countries, strategically located in Asia, the Americas and Europe. The company provides integrated art creation, software engineering, testing, localisation, audio and customer care services across more than 50 languages and 16 games platforms to a blue-chip client base around the globe. It provides services to many of the most prominent games companies, including Bandai Namco, Electronic Arts, Konami, Square Enix, Supercell, Take-Two and Ubisoft.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about designing and building highly efficient distributed services at scale to join our backend team. You will take ownership of mission-critical services that form the backbone of our products, and work closely with our mobile team to ensure our APIs and services are the best they can be.
This is an important role in a small and efficient team, where you will have influence and responsibility for technical and product roadmaps. You should be proactive, detail oriented and be comfortable tackling complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
The ideal candidate will have to:
- Build, maintain and document the microservices that support our features
- Write high-quality testable code
- Help design, document and maintain our system architecture
- Ensure services are up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Review code from other team members and provide feedback
- Detect, debug, identify and fix issues in our system
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of customer and internal requirements
- Provide Level 2 support for current customers
You should have 4+ years of working experience with all or several of these technologies:
- Golang (must have)
- Java 8 (Spring Boot is a plus)
- AWS (Redshift and Kinesis a big plus)
Nice to have:
- Experience with ETL procedures
- Experience working in Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Experience with Machine Learning
Who you are:
- A team player with strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- A quick learner, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Able to prioritize your tasks effectively and independently
- Have experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups
- Already living in Ukraine
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great working environment – you are your own boss
- Working with the latest tech
- Choice of development systems (Mac, PC, Pen, and Paper)