GameSim is a collective of talented engineers and technical artists who bring expert-level knowledge of gameplay, game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, to name a few), rendering, physics, user interfaces, optimization, certification, and development on all platforms, from current to next-gen. Our engineers are highly skilled at collaborating with external teams, embracing the philosophy that each member is an extension of the client, an attitude that transcends any work-for-hire mentality. Our team cares about the quality and creativity of every project as if it were their very own.
We are currently looking to add experienced & passionate Game Programmers / Software Engineers to our already awesome team. As a GameSim programmer you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and install a variety of different software solutions. Using C++ as the primary development language, you will be responsible for developing prototype applications, designing and implementing new features, as well as improving and maintaining existing code. As an experienced engineer, you will design new features, implement them within schedule, and fix bugs with minimal weekly direction from your team lead.
Some of the cool stuff you'll be doing:
- Actively participate in a team working on a project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Coordinate with other groups including art and production to achieve project objectives
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties
- Writes technical design specifications
- Create and maintain modular interface components
- Profiles and optimizes software components
What you'll bring to the table:
- Ideally, a BS in Computer Science or Game Development plus 2-5 years of experience as a programmer working on customer-facing products
- Proficiency with the C/C++ programming language (3+ yrs. experience)
- Review, test, debug and extend other programmer’s code competently
- Ability to design, test and debug own code without assistance from other programmers
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly identify technical risks and missing aspects of a technical design and does not overlook small details
- Able to demonstrate ownership in task and problem solving and follow all responsibilities through to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- A strong sense of drive and motivation and a passion for delivering high quality outcomes
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Working experience with Unity, Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience in network programming including RPC, Client/Server, and Web Technologies preferred (HTTP, Web Services, etc.)
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra
What's in it for you?
Apart from the opportunity to work with an awesome group of colleagues on some truly interesting projects, we also offer the following:
- Opportunity to work on different IP
- 3 weeks of paid leave
- Benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Sick Leave
- Disability Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Corporate holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Professional Development
- Snacks, drinks, ping pong, 250+ game arcade, and more!