Contract Length: 12 months; extension possible
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
Keywords Studios is looking for a contract lighting artist to work on the next big Halo shooter experience. We're looking for a solid team player with good communication skills who can work with directors, leads, designers, engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and concepts and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Creation of dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Lighting single player, multiplayer and cinematics at a high level of quality.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Document lighting processes and technology.
- Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues.
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours.
- Reimbursement offered if an upgrade is an option in your area.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and pre-rendered.
- Understanding of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections, occlusion, etc.
- Understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- Ability to digest the art direction and champion executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing of visual quality and performance requirements.
- Organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Experience lighting within a real-time game engine.
- Experienced Photoshop user.
- Maya experience is a plus, but not required.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits