The Senior In-house Linguist role will be based in our Barcelona office. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on games translation. We are passionate about providing high quality translations to our clients. You will be part of that, translating world-renowned mobile and social games titles.
- Native speaker of Spanish
- 4+ years’ experience as an in-house video games linguist or freelancer.
- Passion for the video game industry. Experience playing all game genres.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both target language and English.
- Self-motivation and ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Profound experience working with CAT tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to mentor interns and junior linguists
- Translate, review & proofread content from English into Spanish Language to a high-quality standard.
- Create, review and maintain style guides, glossaries and translation memories.
- Fix linguistic bugs reported by the testing team.
- Provide support & recommendations to Project Managers and linguistic feedback to other internal linguists & freelancers.
- Manage own schedule and schedules or other team members
- Provide linguistic support and recommendations
- Perform QA functions to ensure linguistic accuracy (Review Reports and Quality Assurance Reports)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal teams and clients
- Be the linguistic expert for your language, able to competently provide feedback and guidance to both internal and external resources
- Perform test translations for new clients
- Onboarding/entry tests for new freelance linguists or vendors
Who you are
- A team player
- A quick learner, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Able to prioritize your tasks effectively and independently
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great working environment