Who we are
GetSocial is a complete solution to drive user engagement, retention, monetization, and acquisition through the use of user interaction. We enable developers to quickly add social features into their apps that let users build communities, connect with friends and other users as well as share content.
GetSocial was acquired by Keywords Studios, an international technical services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, it now has over 50 facilities in 20 countries, strategically located in Asia, the Americas and Europe. The company provides integrated art creation, software engineering, testing, localization, audio, and customer care services across more than 50 languages and 16 games platforms to a blue-chip client base around the globe. It provides services to many of the most prominent game companies, including Bandai Namco, Electronic Arts, Konami, Square Enix, Supercell, Take-Two, and Ubisoft.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Middle/Senior DevOps Engineer who will be able to take a position that is a combination of the following roles:
- lone AWS-wolf, who fuels new features with all the underlying infrastructure and works on improving and maintaining existing top-notch infrastructure;
- part of a small (but great) backend team, helping to resolve their needs, propose ideas on how to simplify features implementation with the use of existing technologies, managed services, etc. and taking part in the development of the features (which is an amazing way to improve your development skills);
- helping hand for even smaller (but equally great ) QA, Frontend, and Mobile teams;
- the Great Eye of Sauron for all the alerts from all the possible systems, to spot critical issues before they could do any negative impact on the systems (we do not have the "official" on-call duties, however, we are all trying to keep an eye on the systems at all times);
This is an important role in a small and efficient team, where you will have influence and responsibility for technical and product roadmaps. You should be proactive, detail-oriented, and be comfortable tackling complex and sometimes ambiguous problems. This role is remote and can be located in any country.
- Build, maintain and document AWS infrastructure via already vast collection CloudFormation template
- Automate the **** out of boring (but essential) tasks with help of Lambdas, Slack bots, Lambda Slack bots!!!
- Help design, document, and maintain our system architecture
- Ensure services are up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Review code from other team members and provide feedback
- Detect, debug, identify and fix issues in our system
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of customer and internal requirements
You should have 3+ years of working experience with all of these technologies:
- (MUST HAVE) AWS: CloudFormation, EC2, ECS, S3, IAM, RDS, SQS, Lambda, Networking
- Programming skills (Golang + Python and/or Java)
- Communicational English level
Nice to have:
- Bitbucket Pipelines
- AWS Certifications
- Experience in other AWS services we also use like Kinesis, SNS, EFS, Route53, CloudFront, Elasticache (Redis/Memcache), or Redshift
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Be part of the bonus scheme after the first 12 months
- Great working environment — you are your own boss
- Flexible working hours and work from almost anywhere in the world (GMT-4 to GMT+5)
- Unlimited holidays as long as you keep up with your job
- Tasks to sweat on!
- Working with the latest tech
- Choice of development systems (Mac, Win, Linux, Pen and Paper, Bow and Arrows)
- Support for your personal development (i.e. AWS Certifications)