Contract Length: 12 months
Work Location: WFH
Work Hours: Fulltime
Keywords Studios is looking for a talented Gameplay Engineer to join our client's team working on the next big shooter experience. As a Gameplay Engineer, you'll focus on close collaboration with a team of environment artists, gameplay designers, and level designers to build out the player experiences in their upcoming title.
Their content engineering team is a team of skilled generalists, and their mandate is to bring the vision of their content creators to life in ways that are stable, scalable, performant and re-usable. The focus of the role will be on implementation of both high-level gameplay systems and specific gameplay experiences in a combination of C++ and Lua.
Candidates should expect to work across a range of technologies to fit the needs of the team – and all candidates should be comfortable diving into and working in lower-level engine code in order to debug any problems that might arise during day to day development. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, and will need to have both solid technical and communication skills.
- Work closely with designers and level artists to iterate daily on gameplay experiences
- Develop deep understanding of our high-level gameplay and scripting systems
- Provide scalable and re-usable solutions for a variety of gameplay problems
- Work with other engineers to review and evaluate script architecture and system designs
- Improve existing systems that aren't performing to required standard
- Investigate complex issues arising in the engine, underlying script
- Consider user impact features for designers and artists when designing low-level systems and features
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Proven ability of successful interaction with creative disciplines
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in C++
- Comfort working with large complex codebases
- Ability to execute feature requests within a highly constrained environment
- Willingness to dig into the details of complex problems
- Experience with modern game engines and technologies
- Experience with Lua or similar scripting systems
- History of successful feature execution in a legacy environment
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits