Core Hours: 9am-6pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Our game industry client is looking an experienced game tester to join their Development Support team in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The Primary role of a Development Support staff is to work with the development group and the QA game team. Development Support are responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the expectations of the product owner. Typically, day-to-day tasks can include bug database maintenance, reporting and attending meetings/scrums.
- Previous QA testing experience (or equivalent transferable skills or education)
- Education, knowledge or experience of a relevant area. Basic Knowledge of an area (e.g. testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation, game specific knowledge, etc.)
- Some experience documenting QA methods:
- Knowledge of test planning; writing test scripts, test cases, and test briefs
- Project progress tracking and reporting
- Previous experience with bug tracking software (Jira, Devtrack, Etc.)
- Potentially responsible for at least one test area (feature ownership or release ownership) or POC for owned feature or release
- Partners with Quality Analysts, development and production teams and provide complete and concise feedback
- Performs testing and bug writing
- Perform blackbox, whitebox and greybox test cases
- Contributes to test case modification, creation, bug estimates and test planning
- Execute requests from area POCs (Quality Analysts) based on development partners needs
- Contribute feedback to existing Test Strategies and Sessions based on execution. Determine how best to carry out instructions provided by Quality Analysts in Test Sessions.
- Contributions to QV documentation: Confluence, JIRA, etc and provides updates to QV Team on changes to the feature and input into test areas to focus on
- Writes test cases, inform Quality Analysts where testing was insufficient/incomplete and contributes to iteration on Test Sessions
- Liaise as required with partners and teams
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Knowledge/passion of video games, or genre
- Adaptability and flexibility to apply knowledge in new settings
- Previous QA or relevant experience required
- Education, knowledge, or experience of a relevant area
- Intermediate knowledge of an area (white-box testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation, game/sports specific knowledge
- Understanding of automation processes and tools
- Experience documenting QA methods
- Knowledge of test planning, writing test scripts, test cases, and test briefs
- Experience with project progress tracking and reporting
- Previous experience with bug tracking software (Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- Ability to represent owned feature(s) in scrums
At Keywords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits