Lakshya is one of the world’s leading provider of game art creation services. It creates 3D and 2D art and animation for major international game development studios in the US, Japan and Europe. It is a part of the Dublin headquartered Keywords Studios, the world’s leading provider of game development services. Keywords has studios in Dublin, London, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Gurgaon, Pune, Montreal, Seattle, Los Angeles and Rio de Janeiro.
Lakshya in India is headquartered in Gurgaon and has a team of over 400 employees spread across studio facilities in Gurgaon, Pune and Seattle, and sales offices in San Diego and Tokyo. Setup in 2004, Lakshya has, over the last 12 years, created a reputation in the game development industry for being a highly talented and dependable game art studio. During this time, it has created art for over a hundred game titles, including hugely successful global hits such as Bloodborne, Dark Souls II, Just Cause 3, WWE 2K16, Uncharted 2, Farmville and Cityville.
Brief expectation from the role:
Successful candidate should have excellent understanding of Japanese language and capable of translating both technical and artistic Japanese documents into English. Work as a Japanese translator requires both speed and accuracy at the same time. Candidate should be capable of researching terms/expressions he/she doesn’t understand online and be willing to communicate with the Country manager to achieve the accurate translation. Candidate might be requested to telephone conference with the Japanese client to receive art directions and give status report from the production team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other translators, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
- Translate, review and proofread texts in your language specialist area.
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines.
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects in support of our customers and help them achieve the best possible quality.
- Identify areas in which more or better materials are required to support the translation efforts.
Desired candidate Skills
- 3-4 years of translation experience as a professional translator.
- At least have cleared Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2 or equivalent.
- Close to native speaker level understanding of written Japanese (Including Kanji).
- Native speaker level English writing skills.
- Very good verbal communication skills in Japanese.
- Adaptable to changes.
- Team Player with positive attitude.
- Good human relations skills for excellent internal customer service.
- Ability to prioritize and work cooperatively and independently with limited supervision