Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy, when stress is low. Check out our Perks section to see what we do to make you feel more valuable than your work.
We are looking for experienced lead programmers who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.
- Supervise and manage tasks for team members.
- Take larger tasks and break them down into simpler tasks
- Coordinate with other departments (art, design) and company management
- Create production schedule and ensure team is hitting milestones
- Recruit talents for the team
- Participate actively to the development effort (Programming)
- Ensure code quality and consistency across the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar post-secondary degree/diploma
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++/C# and object-oriented programming
- Strong in Mathematics
- Good understanding of game development areas like AI, Gameplay, Physic and Networking.
- Strong profiling and debugging skills
- 6 years of software development experience with experience in game development
- Experience with game engines (Unreal / Unity / Proprietary engines)
- Motivated self-starter who requires minimal supervision and takes ownership of tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with large codebases
- Current ability to work in Canada/Ontario
- Current citizen of Ontario will be favored