The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast moving environments to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
gnet is an award-winning creative content agency with deep expertise in the video game and entertainment industries. We craft integrated campaigns for passion-driven brands and produce the work these campaigns are built on. We spark & deepen the passion of fans. We cultivate communities of fans who, together, make a brand much bigger than a product. The brands we work with are beloved parts of people's lives & identities, essential meaningful connection points with other people. The work we create becomes an elemental part of a fan's journey & experience with these brands
The Assistant Editor role is part-time/contingent and will work at the crossroads where creative meets post-production operations.
- Ensure that all editors’ projects are operating in an organized fashion.
- Transcoding proxies for all media going to offline editors.
- Ingest and track media through pipeline for the creative team, editors, and production team.
- Maintain organization for media in the servers.
- Sync footage when necessary.
- At times, the Assistant Editor may assist the editor in organizing selects.
- When necessary, ensure updated footage is properly overcut across all editor projects.
- Tracking all generated media for assigned projects for quick recall when necessary.
- Ensure the integrity of client postings is maintained.
- Prepping locked sequences for color, beauty finishing, and audio mix
- Conforming source media to locked edit sequences for finishing editor handoff.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an Assistant Editor.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
- Strong organization and project management skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments.
- Familiarity with various HD video formats & associated transcoding workflow.
- Comfortable with VFX and color workflows.
- Proficiency with compression codecs.
- Experience with prepping and organizing offline edits for finishing and mastering
- Technical know-how for on-the-fly equipment/software/project fixes to keep the train moving.
- Experience in high-volume trailer houses is a plus.
- Familiarity with other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Deep understanding of quality control protocols with regards to final deliverables.
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Windows 10.
- Sharp attention to detail and able to flag issues/changes to the relevant team members.
- Ability to think independently and suggest/create workflows & systems to producers, editors & mograph designers
- A general interest in gaming and pop culture
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities