The freelance proof-reader is a native speaker in Italian able to check video games texts in order to verify the accuracy of the translation (English to Italian) in terms of grammar/spelling, mistranslations/literal translations, required platform terms, wording, flow/readability, genre compatibility, and so on. On plus-sized projects he/she's also required to check Q&As, update term bases, liaise with translators, process testers feedback. Applicants have to be video games enthusiasts with a strong passion in manga/anime, sports, iconic entertainment franchises, comic books, fantasy, movies, TV series. We expect the applicants to explicitly state which franchise/sport they know and love.
- Excellent knowledge of Italian;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Strong interest in videogames among a range of platforms and genres;
- Excellent general knowledge in sports (soccer and basket are a plus), TV series, manga/anime, cartoons, movies, comic books;
- Translation tools competency and owning (memoQ) is a plus;
- Accuracy, attention to details, organizational skills;
- Bug spotting ability;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and stay focused;
- Maximum availability in summer months (June/September);
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Initiative, self- government and problem solving abilities;
- Knowledge of another language is a plus;
- University degree and/or a qualification in translation is a plus;
You can work from anywhere within Euro-timezones by combining your passion for languages and videogames and the entertainment industry as a whole. We will provide training and we aim to establish a long and fruitful collaboration.