We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
The Technical Quality Assurance Game Tester is responsible creating automated test scripts derived from established test scenarios, identifying and reporting bugs within the product, and helping to ensure the best possible quality for the product.
Technical QA Testers are expected to have an advanced understanding of gaming and a familiarity with PC gaming, especially working with visual scripting tools.
This is a work-from-home position. In addition to normal considerations, you will need to be able to conduct you work from a remote location where your work would not be accessible by the general public. No Starbucks cafes.
While this position is remote, we are limited to only hire in the following states. If you do NOT live in one of these states, please do not apply: AL, CA, CO, DC, FL, IN, MA, MD, MS, ND, NV, OH, OR, TX, UT, WA
This contract position is remote, from Bothell, WA.
The rate is $20 per hour (USD)
This Contract is expected to last 3 Months with possible extension.
Role and Responsibilities:
- · Perform functional and GUI based automation testing in accordance with industry and/or propriety standards
- · Create test cases from established test scenarios
- · Ensure title functions as specified in game or hardware documentation
- · Find, reproduce, and document bugs with efficient and understandable repro steps
- · Regressing logged bugs and verifying fixes
- · Use testing related tools as required to assist with verification
- · Communicate effectively with team members and other teams
- · Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- · Experience with visual scripting tools, such as the StarCraft 2 Editor, Kisment, Unreal Engine Blueprints, or Unity visual scripting.
- · Strong analytical skills. Someone who can think in logic flow diagrams
- · Experience with Issue management and test case management tools (Jira, Adaptivist)
- · Passion for gaming and the games industry
- · Solid understanding of MOBA style games
- · Proactive and professional attitude
- · Excellent eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- · Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- · Ability to accurately follow instructions and work autonomously
- · Comfortable giving constructive feedback to fellow team members, and receiving same.
Work From Home Requirement:
- · Strong and stable internet connection
- Scripting experience (self-taught or school)
- Passion for MOBA style PC games (DOTA2, League of Legends, .
- Previous experience with web, software, game or application QA
- Previous experience with distributed teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
At Keywords Studios we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits