At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for
video games and beyond. Our aim is to become the “go-to” provider of technical services.
We enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In so doing we empower our clients to remain lean and agile and to focus on creating the most engaging experiences.
Keywords is trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry-leading service lines every step of the way. www.keywordsstudios.com
This position will work on the design, development and maintenance of Keyword’s XLOC web application that serves KWS internal users as well as several customers, all tier-1 game developers or publishers.
It will require the ability to work both in front-end, back-end and database domains.
In addition, this position will require the ability to work in an agile team distributed worldwide and consisting of developers, quality assurance specialists, workflow analysts. It is necessary to cope with technical and non- technical peers to understand the client requirement and resolve issues within the product.
We are looking for motivated individuals who like to take ownership of their work and, most importantly, love to write code that makes a difference to the workday of the end-users.
- Analyse the specification documents given and, with the help of senior team members, understand the software modifications to be done throughout the system
- Identify autonomously the main programming and testing tasks necessary to implement small system requirements, usually impacting a limited portion of the system
- Contribute proactively to the technical analysis and work breakdown for more complex requirements
- Identify the testing and verification needs for a given functionality
- Timely support the end-usertesting team in system debugging and all along the verification/fix/deploy cycle
- Grow day-by-day a comprehensive understanding of the system structure, accumulating knowledge and cross-discipline understanding
- Proactively reporting the ongoing work status and progress, and systematically updating the project management tools such as Jira or equivalent
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Ability to understand flexibly the front-end, back-end and data base domains
- Ability to cope with technical problems and to solve them in a manner that is scalable and maintainable
- Very good experience in Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET language and Windows Forms framework is mandatory
- Basic knowledge of at least one front-end framework such as Angular, Node.js, Vue.js, React is a plus
- Familiarity with VB.net and possibly with at least one back-end languages such as Java, PHP, or C++
- Good understanding of SQLand Microsoft SQL server
- Basic experience with microservices/service-based architectures and REST-based APIs
- Excellent experience with one or more source control tools such as SVN and GIT
- Excellent verbal and written communication, in French (optionalif not applying from Canada) and English
- Ability to be adaptable and learn quickly
- Experience with designing and developing enterprise software as part of a team of up to 10 people, and very good understanding of the collaboration process and issues
- Experience working in an Agile environment and understanding of mainstream development workflows such as Scrum and Waterfall
- Result oriented and ability to take a task to its logical conclusion
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
- Software development: 3 years plus (Required)
- Proven experience on similar projects and web-based applications
- Education: Bachelor's (Required), Master’s (Preferred)
- Canadian citizen, or equivalent permission to live and work in Canada (If applying from Canada Only)
- Must be fluent in English language and able to communicate within a team distributed worldwide
Keywords Studios is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace, which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Keywords Studios is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.