The French Linguist position will be based at our HQ in Dublin, Ireland. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. Based at our HQ in Dublin, this position is to be part of a team focusing on localizing world-renowned video games and assure a high quality standard.
- Review translations in French to assure consistency and quality.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guidelines.
- Ensure that the text is consistent and only correct approved terminology is used.
- Give feedback and collaborate effectively with French vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
- Provide detailed language quality reports on text reviewed.
- Translate content from English into French with high quality standards.
- Work closely with French in-house members to ensure translations meet the standards.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Assess amount of workload to ensure timely task deliveries
- Help and backup the French tester and the French pod members when required.
- Native level of French.
- Experience as either freelance or in-house translator/reviewer from English to French is a must.
- Educational qualification in linguistics. Degree level desirable.
- Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing text-heavy genres (RPGs, MOBAs, RTS, TCG. Visual Novels).
- League of Legends player – Level 10 or higher.
- Knowledge of HTML an advantage.
- Linguistics background:
- A gamer:
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in French and English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Direct work experience in a Localisation QA capacity desirable.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.