Scope of the Role :
The Localization Release Manager is responsible for activities and processes associated with setting-up, executing and monitoring continuous localization release flow. It involves a deep understanding of tools and processes associated with localization and LQA specific workflows needed to continuously localize and release game content.
Key Responsibilities and Activities :
- Prioritize work assignments received from the Client's Producers in collaboration with other members of localization discipline and test team.
- Design and implement quality processes that will ensure there aren't any roadblocks due to quality concerns before releasing content to players.
- Monitoring of the LOC Quality health and providing updates to the relevant client and Keywords' stakeholders on it.
- Maintain a holistic view of release quality and continuously prioritize the various emergent issues that arise.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Act as an escalation point for emergent issues during release.
- Actively drive the resolution of bugs and problems by using dedicated tools or communicating with the right teams and stakeholders
- Responsible for tracking and critical analysis of relevant LOC quality KPIs (general KPI trends, LOC bug metrics.
- Provides regular visibility to both regional and central stakeholders on product health of localization.
- Sends out regular reports to provide status updates and highlight risks.
- Support Client Loc Producers with the creation of documentation relevant to release-specific processes to enable LQA operations
- Update and maintain an up-to-date library of the documents related to localization release processes for a given product.
- Active involvement in planning and forecasting LQA during project set-up.
- Participate in global activities by contributing content and subject matter expertise (in form of trainings, RFC or other).
- Participate in recruitment and onboarding of new testing team members.
- Advice on performance.
- Any other required tasks.
Knowledge and Technical skills :
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). Other languages are an asset.
- Experience with bug management softwares (DevTrack, Jira, BugZilla).
- Experience with test management softwares (DevTest, Hansoft, Jira, PractiTest).
- Experience in testing AAA GAS either on a vendor or studio side.
- Experience in managing localization testers on the floor or remotely to accomplish product quality milestones.
- Experience with game localization CMS and string management software.
General skills :
- Can efficiently work in a team.
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong communication skills and diplomatic.
- Stress management.
- Approach focused on solutions and action plans.
Other requirements :
- The candidate must be able to travel to the United States. Travel required once per quarter. Dates will be agreed on in advance.
- The applicants have to be in a Senior Tester position at minimum at the moment of their application (in any department).