The Role - Art Director
The Art Director will be central in shaping our growing Art Team at d3t. It is a hands-on role overseeing multiple projects, inspiring the artists with your vision and passion for creating the most beautiful game artwork possible. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of the artwork is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Provide clear, concise visual direction and guidance across all Art development at d3t and review all digital assets, providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Share your passion for excellence, create inspiring artwork/style guides to clearly promote the visual quality standards we are aiming for and ensure that everyone is working in creative cohesion to meet these standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality on all projects.
- Take an active role in planning of project pitches and be comfortable dealing face to face with publishers and other clients to discuss working with them on their games.
- Help to build and raise the profile of the growing art team.
- Mentor Artists in the team providing support and nurturing to encourage their continued growth and helping to improve their skills and build their knowledge.
- You will be driving the vision forward by contributing on project artwork to inspire and guide the other Artists.
- Oversee and provide detailed feedback to multiple art disciplines including 2D, 3D, Lighting, VFX, Animation and Concept Art.
- An impeccable eye for aesthetic quality, visual excellence and a high attention to detail demonstrated through an impressive art portfolio.
- A confident art leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will have the ability to articulate visual ideas with clarity and conviction and provide clear feedback and guidance.
- Good understanding of essential art principles; colour and lighting theory, composition and staging techniques.
- Able to creatively supervise and drive artwork, directing the other artists and leading by example.
- The Art Director needs to be agile, overseeing all Art teams and able to adapt to a variety of existing art styles, whilst always pushing for excellence on every game title.
- With exceptional understanding of up to date game development technical processes, you will take a keen interest in latest technology workflows and advancements and have an interest in learning, evaluating and evangelizing appropriate usage of new software, tools and technologies.
- You will have good leadership skills, be a collaborative team player with 3+ years of game art management experience.
- Highly proficient in current development tools and software including Unreal, Unity, Maya and/or 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop.
- You will have a calm, positive and professional attitude alongside excellent time-management and organisational skills.
– just some of the many offered by d3t
22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
Company Pension Scheme
Flexible working hours
Private Medical Insurance Scheme
Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
Monthly Fitness Sessions
Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
Assistance and support with re-location to the area