The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable processes including processing of vendor invoices, contributing to quality control on the invoices already processed and ensuring all vendor invoices are recorded, accounted for and paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review accounts payable reports and ensure accounts are paid in a timely manner taking into account cash flow requirements;
- Ensure accuracy of taxes (GST/QST/Self-Assessment/Withholding) at the time of invoice processing;
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment;
- Ensure invoices are allocated to proper accounts by coding and/or verifying;
- Prepare batch check runs and electronic payments;
- Manage the corporate credit card payments;
- Effectively communicate and liaise with vendors and other departments to resolve all accounts payable inquiries and discrepancies;
- Record journal entries and perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for certain balance sheet accounts related to accounts payable and related accruals;
- Provide audit support as requested, including accumulating invoice and disbursement support;
- Assists in training new personnel;
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, policies, and procedures related to the accounts payable function;
- Identify and assist in implementing process improvements in the accounts payable and disbursement processes to drive greater efficiency and productivity;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounts payable;
- College degree in accounting or a similar field.
Technical skills :
- Bilingual (French and English – spoken and written);
- Experience with NetSuite (a definite asset).
- Well-organized with superior attention to details;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and adapt to change;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Professional, responsible, and reliable self-starter;
- Respectful of confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge of the Office suite;
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;