At Coconut Lizard we share our industry-leading Unreal Engine expertise with prominent developers across the globe. We are currently mainly working in partnership with Microsoft Rare, where it's been our pleasure to help them bring Sea of Thieves to over 15 million players on PC and Xbox since 2018.
Founded in 2015, many of our team are people who have joined us from companies like Epic Games, Ubisoft, Sumo Digital and Rockstar Games, but also from smaller games companies, University, and also non-games companies. We are fortunate enough to bring our team members all the good things about working in AAA, but with the flexibility and opportunity of working at an outsourcer. We don’t do overtime, which means we don’t do crunch, and on top of that if your application is successful we’ll be able to offer you one of the best benefits packages you’ll find in the industry, which you can find below. We recently became part of the Keywords Studios family, which brings us an even greater stability than we enjoyed before, plus a wider range of projects to work on.
While the entire company is working remotely, and will be until the current pandemic has passed, we are situated in the Newcastle/Gateshead area. The office is only a short walk from the Metrocentre with hundreds of lunch options, a couple of miles from the cosmopolitan, bustling city of Newcastle, with the beautiful award-winning beaches of Northumberland, and historic cities of Durham and York are close at hand. We are looking for candidates who are willing to relocate to us after Covid-19 has passed, but are willing to consider outstanding applicants who want to work remotely.
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join our team where we work on Sea of Thieves in Partnership with Microsoft Game Studios Rare Ltd.
Main responsibilities include:
- Developing gameplay systems and scripts
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Develop scalable, fast and efficient code
- Professional experience shipping at least one title
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 Blueprints
- A background in game coding
- Ability to work well with others
- 2+ years' game programming experience
- Excellent c++ knowledge
- Strong math skills
- Ability to estimate task schedules/dependencies
- Ability to write well optimised and portable code
- Ability to identify bugs and understand the interplay between systems
- Ability to develop creative and low cost solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups with different technical perspectives
Coconut Lizard is a great environment to not only work but to learn and improve. We offer the following benefits to ALL employees:
- Very Competitive Salaries (based on UK comparisons)
- 25 Days' Holiday Per Year PLUS Bank Holidays (bank Holidays dependent on country of residence)
- Up to 10% Company Matched Pension
- you pay in up to 10% of salary and we'll match it
- Full Private Medical Insurance (PMI) - UK Residents only.
- Medical Cashplan Scheme (dental/optical/...) - UK Residents only.
- Annual Birthday Voucher
- Christmas Bonus Scheme
- Death in Service Cover
- Fully Stocked Kitchen provided totally free with a selection of:
- chocolates, donuts, cake, etc
- soft drinks, coffee, teas, water, etc,
- breakfast bars, nuts, fruit, healthy alternatives
- Flexible Working Hours