d3t Ltd, a Growing Gaming Software Specialist, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Level Designer to join their growing team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the games industry and as a successful and growing business we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
- Absolute passion for making games;
- Thrives as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to changing situations;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Hungry to learn and expand your areas of expertise
- Review and feedback level design to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Oversee the day-to-day work of the Level Design team; maintaining a quality bar in the mission gameplay experience.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the level design team.
- Work closely with the level design team to facilitate and promote different core and class mechanics.
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets expectations.
- Promoting and building a strong cooperative culture with other disciplines.
- Participate in the selection of team members.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members.
- 5+ years as a Level Designer or Lead Level Designer on at least two AAA titles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to organize and structure your own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule).
- Client focus (internal and external).
- Experience supervising a level design team.
- Good knowledge of project management and planning.
- Good working knowledge of Unreal and Unity.