Keywords Studios Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA, and Player Support. Working across all major platforms, for all video-game content creators, and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe, with its strongest presence in North America.
Objective of the Position
The Office Coordinator role is responsible with providing employees, visitors and clients with an outstanding studio experience and to maintain an organized, clean, efficient, safe and secure working environment that exceeds client’s expectations and enhances employee’s workplace experience.
We’re looking for an energetic professional who will wear multiple hats effectively and proactively organize and coordinate multiple projects/initiatives related to office operations, providing support as needed to all staff to ensure smooth office operations and manage any personnel necessary to carry out assigned projects. The holder of the position leads by example, manages the reception team while enforcing and managing office security systems.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Establish and maintain an outstanding customer service and workplace environment focused on hospitality, quality, integrity, time- and cost-consciousness; Ensure harmonization across offices.
- Proactively assist the Facilities Coordinator with overseeing the daily appearance of the facility insuring a spotless appearance and presentation; managing facility services such as studio maintenance and repair, custodial services, day porter duties and equipment maintenance and repair;
- Liaising with building management, contractors and various other vendors for any facility issues, improvements and ensure they meet quality and cost requirements;
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for maintenance and operational projects and tasks.
- Ensures proactive customer service and timely processing of all Facilities Support requests;
- Assist in planning and coordinating office moves and personnel relocations in collaboration with other departments and Facilities Coordinator;
- Supervise the Studio reception team and evaluate progress of assignments and results. Maintain office staff job results through effective management (coaching, appraisals, providing objectives and feedback).
- Manage the physical security systems and enforce Studio security and safety policies; promptly responds to security detection systems and fire control systems.
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs, policies and new initiatives that support established objectives; measure results and make necessary adjustments.
- Assists Facilities Manager with implementation and project management of studio build-outs, expansions, improvements and relocation projects.
- Manage and enforce studio and organizational operating policies such as safety, ergonomics, cleanliness, security, and office assignments and furniture standards.
- Assess and prepare yearly maintenance and operating budgets.
- Process and approve all Facilities related purchase requests in line with budget and established Studio standards.
- Seek to improve practices and procedures; Drive internal and external process improvements.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the facilities operations field;
- Experience in team and project management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Excellent collaboration and positive people interaction skills;
- Customer service oriented with great attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in a high paced environment;
- Advanced organizational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to negotiate with customers, clients, vendors and contractors;
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to quickly learn new software;
- Knowledge of security systems including alarm systems, cameras, and door cardkey management systems.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.