Keywords Studios Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA, and Player Support. Working across all major platforms, for all video-game content creators, and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe, with its strongest presence in North America.
Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training PSST Technicians team.
Tracking and flagging team KPIs as well as Production SLAs.
Proactively solving project issues with the team and PSST Coordinator.
Scope of Role
The job entails delivery of projects to the highest possible specified quality standards according to schedules and budgets agreed between the PSST Coordinator and Production. You will achieve this through the successful regular briefing and daily management of the PSST Technician team.
You will be the principle participant in team- related meetings held with the PSST Coordinator and Production Services Manager. You will also have to communicate regularly and professionally with Production ensuring that their needs are met and answering any queries or concerns that arise.
You will be required to set an example to other employees. As a senior member of the PSST team, it is important you lead by initiative and behave in accordance to the core of Keywords’ values.
As a PSST Lead you are responsible for the PSST team. You have an important role in ensuring that the team is effective, motivated and that each Technician is provided an environment in which they can be as productive as possible. A Technician’s work is likely to be of higher quality if they are happy and content within the work place.
The PSST Lead is responsible for the regular evaluation of Technicians, and is required to give in person, qualitative and quantitative feedback on their performance. Leads are also responsible for the monitoring and discipline of their team which includes, but is not limited to, the distribution of verbal warnings, written warnings and other disciplinary actions alongside HR.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Manage, lead and motivate the team.
- Plan, create and execute project strategies.
- Delegate overflow to the team directly, clearly and efficiently.
- Proactively solve project issues with the team and PSST Coordinator, before they impact Production.
- Make sure both the PSST Coordinator and the team are aware of Production status.
- Monitor PSST strategy in accordance with projects’ schedules.
- Administer and enforce the quality and consistency of deliverables as required by Keywords process.
- Constant monitoring and management of help desk tickets to ensure quality and productivity are up to par.
- Set, monitor and achieve goals through the team.
- Interact with Technicians face-to-face daily.
Training & Coaching
- Provide daily positive and constructive performance feedback to Technicians.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
- Provide quarterly evaluation feedback to Technicians.
- Mentor and support the team.
- Help identify areas where training material may need revision.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Professional, courteous and regular Production contact.
- Communicate important project related information directly to Production.
- Able to find solutions to Production requests when possible.
- Able to decline Production requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Production Services department regarding staffing and seating
- Conveys project status to Senior Management and/or Production via reports, e-mail, instant messaging and/or phone conferences
- Ensure internal project-related knowledge bases are maintain.
- Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources.
- Primary point of contact for PSST specific questions and concerns raised by the team.
- Responsible for the upkeep of Keywords and hardware/software policy, process and security.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate.
- Conduct Technician duties as and when required.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Any other related duties at the supervisor’s request.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Works well under pressure.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile and flexible to change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of accuracy and leads by example.
- Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
- Listens actively, encourages and incorporates others input.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Has relevant IT skills in order to work with different software and hardware required for projects.
- Experienced with PC hardware and software.
- Bilingual - French and English.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel.
- Experience working within MS Office.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.