Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are open to remote work options. But we prefer candidates local to Orlando, FL or candidates who can work in EST time.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Keywords Studios is hiring a Design Director, responsible for the strategic development of visual brand identities, design systems, and digital / print channel executions for one of our major gaming clients. The director will support all the marketing campaigns across the full product life cycle for some of the major game titles in Sports genre made by our client.
As a Director you will be a key stakeholder in the marketing communication team. You will provide design direction and ignite the imaginations of players through world-class design strategy and craftsmanship. you will partner with Game Studio Art Directors, Global Brand Management, and the Global Communications Group to ensure all design represents our client's games, resonates with their audiences, and unifies the player experience across all marketing campaign touchpoints.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving
industry, possess practical knowledge of brand, digital design, campaign creative, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
The team is a multi- disciplinary creative team responsible for branding and visual identity, graphic design, digital media design, and motion graphics.
• Concept and create world-class design systems for brands and titles that support all marketing and promotional campaigns inclusive of print, digital, motion, and environmental. Design Systems include key art, logos, typography, color, graphic
elements, and motion-based solutions.
• Oversee and participate in execution of channel content across owned and paid channels including web, retail, social, digital media, email, and events.
• Partner with game team art directors to create work that unifies the marketing strategy and game vision.
• Inspire, lead, and direct individual designers (alongside the Creative Director) in the creative development of specific design system and channel executions.
• Present work and build alignment around design direction and execution with key stakeholders.
• Create rules and guidance for each title’s brand style guide, brief partner teams on these rules, ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
• Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility, imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
• Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
• Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into every player touchpoint.
• 8+ years of experience at a design agency and/or in-house design team.
• Proven experience in designing for global brands in digital, print, and environmental channels with a track record of delivering robust visual systems.
• Ability to develop ideas from concept to execution utilizing your vast knowledge of strategic branding, retail environments, paid and owned marketing channels.
• Possess solid communication skills – must be able to provide clear direction to design teams and to sell through concepts and executions both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company.
• Excellent hands-on design, typography, and layout skills.
• Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters.
• Experience with 3D modeling, illustration, image retouching, and photoshoot direction is a plus.
• Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points in all channels.
• Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
• Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
• Advanced skills in Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Understanding of After Effects, Figma, Keynote, PPT, HTML5, 3D Modeling software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Passion for design, games and sports!
BFA in Graphic Design. Additional experience in related fields a plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Work From Home due to COVID-19